Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Kite Runner


I thought I was beyond the hill to be moved by mere printed words. But words they are, so beautifully weaved, could move a mountain, let alone me. Is it possible to write a book giving so much of graphical description of human relations. The book feels more of a autobiography, and somewhere deep within I feel that there is more truth than what is claimed as a "Story". I used to read from my child hood and pretty proud of the fact that I have finished one whole library, but in over a hundreds of books I read, never has any book evoked such an intense emotion.
Did you ever read more eloquent book describing pain? Its heart wrenching. I read hardly 70 pages of it, and I am in a dilemma. I cannot seem to read further without feeling miserable nor I cannot stop reading it. The narration is so vivid, that I feel the words have turned into blood and flowing through my veins. Damn, why ever did pick up the book.
And for you Hosseini, hats off, A thousand times over!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey nice blog Prabul.Like you said, this book like an autobiography.We all relate to the characters in the book at some point in life...

Wed May 10, 11:19:00 AM GMT+5:30  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

welcome to the gang.....all of us are big time fans of this book...amazing insn't it ??? bharath, abhi, deep and reshma...all of us....too good a book...... happy reading kano....and nice blog btw, especially the last line...my fav line in the book !!

Wed May 10, 11:22:00 AM GMT+5:30  
Blogger Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

hey i wanna read it too now: the way u described it, i feel like picking it up right away, will try and buy it from net!
and u leaving US soon?????

Thu May 11, 06:02:00 AM GMT+5:30  
Blogger Abhishek Shroff said...

Hola Sire!

Yes, it is a wonderful book and Hosseini has done a brilliant job as a debutante.

I wanted to reply to your comments on the KopaClub...but didnt know how to get in touch with you. So here is my reply...but this is not to suggest that I disagree with your thoughts!

All travellers. They are like writers, painters and many other artists.

Traveling is a way to explore oneself and how one reacts when caught in an unknown surrouding or unfamiliar situation.

Some people write..others paint..and some of us travel. The medium all of us chose differs and I feel that is the only difference. It is aimed at only one thing...I call it the Gnothi- Seauton-syndrome!

Thanks for your comments. Kepp writing!

The Gypsy queen from the Kopa Club!

Wed May 17, 12:58:00 PM GMT+5:30  
Blogger Praveen said...

wohav, a lot of things has come up in ur blog since i last visited. It has turned from a reality TV to philosofical channel :D. but none the less nice experiances. So did u ride the R1??

Wed May 17, 03:36:00 PM GMT+5:30  

Post a Comment

<< Home